Does menopause happen in men: age, symptoms and treatment
Most men consider male andropause a fiction, learning about the reality of such a problem even when it is caught by surprise. The syndrome proceeds in different ways. Is it treatable? Why is it dangerous? When does menopause occur in men? Everyone should know the answers to these questions.
Does menopause happen in men
A strong half of humanity has its own climacteric period. It is less pronounced and less pronounced. The general symptoms of male menopause are much less pronounced than in women, but they are. Frequent migraines begin to appear, aching and stitching pain in the heart, which are given to the scapula, left arm. Congestion of blood to the head, neck, limbs, manifested by redness.
Symptoms of male menopause
The physical natural process is caused by aging of the body and low testosterone production. The fall of the secret leads to a gradual extinction of erectile dysfunction, complete male impotence. It starts differently for everyone, but is typical for ages from 40 to 70 years. The younger the representative of the stronger half, the more cause for concern.
It begins on average after 50-55 years. Vivid signs are observed in one in ten men. The alignment of the hormonal background occurs over the next five years. Thus, menopause occurs later in men than in women, but is fraught with negative consequences.
Age of andropause
Doctors say that this stage will affect every man, but at a different age.
|Early||40-45 years old|
|Middle||46-60 years old|
|Late||60 and older|
The onset of such a stage due to old age requires control and careful attention to one’s own health. There is no need to worry about therapy if it proceeds normally. The early and middle menopause, on the contrary, is the reason for contacting a specialist who will help to delay the onset of the inability to reproduce, sexual desire.
Causes and symptoms of male menopause
Early extinction of sexual and reproductive function can begin for the following reasons:
- sedentary (sedentary) lifestyle;
- neoplasms in the testes;
- frequent and severe stress;
- sexual disorders of an inflammatory nature;
- alcohol dependence, smoking;
- genetic predisposition.
Factors affect separately and collectively. Radioactive exposure and toxic substances have a destructive effect. Early menopause is rare, but it provokes circumcision.
Menopause in men is much less pronounced than in women. The main symptom is erectile dysfunction. The rest of the symptoms are already completely individual.
|heaviness in the groin and abdomen||joint pain|
|weak jet power when urinating||hysterical state|
|faint orgasm or its complete absence||baldness|
|shortening the duration of intercourse||problems with urination|
In most men, the syndrome manifests itself as general constant fatigue even on weekends when they do nothing, as well as apathy for what is happening around.
Is it possible to cure climacteric syndrome?
The early symptoms of male menopause and early treatment can delay the onset of andropause. Various approaches are used, but mostly they are complex.
|Drug therapy||Non-drug therapy|
|antidepressants and immunomodulators||healing and wellness baths|
|vitamin therapy and dietary supplements||physiatrics|
|hormones and sedatives||psychotherapy|
If the age of menopause is close to the “norm”, be sure to adhere to a strict diet. Everyone, without exception, needs to give up addictions. Correctly selected treatment, leading a healthy life will help to maintain potency and the ability to conceive until old age.
Symptoms of male menopause and their treatment
In addition to medicines, they resort to traditional medicine:
- Pour 4 tablespoons of St. John’s wort into a saucepan, pour 2 cups of distilled water, boil for 6 hours, drink ½ cup strained 3 times a day.
- The hawthorn fruit is poured with boiled water for 17 minutes. The drink is filtered and drunk during the day.
- For half an hour, 3 teaspoons of dry shepherd’s purse, filled with a glass of boiling water, are insisted. The infusion is consumed during the week in the morning and in the evening. The course is resumed in a month.
You cannot limit yourself to “grandmother’s” means. You need to start therapy immediately after the first signs begin to appear, but only with a consultation with a doctor. It is impossible to recover without identifying the exact reasons.
How to avoid or reduce the consequences
Andropause begins to occur in any man, but there are a number of measures to delay the male menopause:
- Eat foods rich in tocopherol and fiber. The former include green salad, cereals, nuts, and the latter – fruits, vegetables, bran.
- Move a lot, be in the fresh air more often, do not neglect sports. You can run, ride a bike, do gymnastics.
- Try not to expose the lower extremities to hypothermia, limit yourself to walking barefoot only on the beach, and walk in socks at home, especially when it’s cold.
- Do not wear shaping underwear. Swim trunks should always be loose, made of natural, breathable material.
Prophylaxis for men who have reached the age of 40 are the following measures:
- visiting a urologist;
- healthy lifestyle;
- regular sex or an alternative in the form of a pool, yoga;
- control of body weight;
- compliance with the rest regime after a hard day.
Timely competent therapy can reduce the menopause in men up to one year.
The danger of andropause in men
Doctors came to the unfavorable conclusions that the manifestation of menopause in men aggravates heart disease, reduces the protective functions of the body, which is fraught with the following complications:
- heart attack;
- bone marrow tumor;
- heart failure;
- violation of blood circulation in the brain.
The problem cannot be ignored even when it is an age-related menopause. Treatment should be started immediately.