Which doctor to contact with prostatitis in men
Prostatitis is a disease that causes pain, incapacitates men sexually. What is inflammation of the gland, its symptoms, which doctors treat it.
Signs of appearance
This disease has specific symptoms, the manifestation of which is easy to determine the cause.
- Feeling that the bladder is full, inability to go to the toilet;
- Frequent urination, which is accompanied by pain;
- Impurities in the blood or semen;
- sluggish erection, early ejaculation;
- Pain in the pelvis;
- Constant fatigue, disorder of the nervous system, sleep disturbance;
- The perineum is sometimes numb.
The chronic form can be painless. The pain can be sharp intermittent or constantly aching.
Who to contact first
First of all, you need to contact a urologist. He will examine the patient, his prostate, ask questions. Will give direction for tests – urine, blood, semen, gland secretion. Then determine the therapy.
Will others help
You can contact doctors of other profiles.
The urologist himself can refer you to him under certain indications. However, if the disease has passed into an acute form, then there will be no sense from the therapist.
This is an exclusively “male ” doctor, in charge of all male problems, including this disease. He will conduct an examination and issue a referral for ultrasound, MRI, TRUS examinations.
He may prescribe treatment with acupuncture, ultrasound, or magnetic waves. Thanks to this, blood circulation is stabilized, stagnation is eliminated, and inflammation is relieved.
Consultation with an immunologist will not be superfluous, because it is important to find out why the body cannot cope with the disease. Prostatitis speaks of a weakened immune system. The doctor may prescribe immunomodulators.
This doctor is contacted in cases of:
- when there are no real obstacles to sexual life (early forms of the disease or the period after the disease), and the man considers himself powerless. The psychotherapist will remove barriers, restrictions;
- inflammation of the prostate is often a reaction to constant stress or overexertion. In this situation, it is important to bring a man out of a state of depression and depression, which prevent him from having a healthy sex life.
Many foods, especially when consumed unrestrictedly, can cause inflammation. The lack of the right vitamins or minerals has a negative impact. Only a competent nutritionist can help with the solution of these problems, so it is still worth contacting him.
Inflammation of the prostate gland needs complex therapy. In addition to taking drugs that relieve pain, inflammation, and increase immunity, the doctor may prescribe a prostate massage. It can be manual or hardware, internal or external, thermal , vibrational. There is even a hydromassage. The procedure can be performed both at the doctor’s office and at home.
You can start a massage session only after consulting with a specialist. This treatment has a number of contraindications, in which massage will lead to complications.
To combat prostatitis, traditional medicine is used. At the time of recovery, you need to give up bad habits, try to lead an active lifestyle. With proper timely therapy, inflammation of the prostate quickly recedes.
A medicine called ASD, an antiseptic Dorogov stimulant, is very popular. This is a broad spectrum drug.
Complications that may appear
If a man “launched” the disease, this provokes serious complications. Inaction leads to painful urination, pelvic congestion, poor health, constant pain in the groin or anal area, impaired potency, fever, purulent complication, inflammation of the testicles, adenoma and infertility.
Therefore, at the first symptoms, it is important to discard shyness and make an appointment with a urologist or andrologist, otherwise it will be much more difficult to eliminate the consequences.
How to choose a specialist: top tips
- Ask good friends – this disease is not uncommon. To you to advise the good doctor or to warn against visiting.
- Do not trust bright advertisements, rave reviews on sites.
- If you didn’t manage to find a good specialist through friends, then you should make an appointment with several doctors from urology. A good doctor will conduct an initial examination (anal palpation, measurement of body temperature), listen carefully to the symptoms, and study the medical history. He will prescribe tests: urine, a general blood test, a ureteric smear, an analysis for hormones, infections, a biochemical analysis, a spermogram , an analysis of prostate secretion, ultrasound of the gland and small pelvis. May refer to other specialists for complex therapy: drugs, prostate massage, immunity boosting, physical activity, diet, psychological problems and traditional medicine (for example, prostatic herbal preparations).
If already at the first appointment you feel that you cannot trust the doctor or doubt his professionalism, you should not continue treatment with him. For maximum effect, you should feel comfortable to name the symptoms, sensations that bother you without hesitation.
Why you shouldn’t self-medicate
Men, having heard about the positive effects of massage or traditional medicine, decide to be treated on their own, make a critical mistake. Each procedure (especially massage) has a number of contraindications.
For example, physical impact on the gland is prohibited with purulent prostatitis. In this case, the procedure causes irreparable harm. No type of treatment should be carried out without consulting a specialist.
If you follow some simple rules, inflammation of the prostate gland can be avoided:
- Once every six months, undergo an examination by a urologist or andrologist;
- Balanced literate nutrition – easily digestible, fresh healthy foods with fiber, plant components. It is worth limiting fatty, fried foods, salty foods;
- Strengthen immunity. Regular swimming, massage or acupuncture will help;
- Activity. A sedentary lifestyle impairs blood circulation, there are stagnation in the organs that lead to the disease;
- Avoid hypothermia, drafts;
- Monitor digestion to avoid constipation.
There are several effective exercises for prevention:
- In the process of emptying the bladder, interrupt and resume this act several times.
- During an erection, tighten the muscles that will make the penis move slightly.
- Contract and relax the muscles of the anus.
At the first signs of the disease, make an appointment with a urologist or andrologist as soon as possible. It will be much more difficult to cure an advanced stage of the disease.